Barker Welfare Foundation
In advance of submitting a funding inquiry for your organization, we ask that you please read all of the below information.
In advance of submitting a funding inquiry, a telephone call is suggested to determine if the organization seeking to apply for a grant falls within the current General Policy of the Foundation. Before the Foundation sends out an application form, an online funding inquiry is required describing the organization, its purpose, and the amount requested (if you have received a grant within the last 2 years, please call before completing the inquiry form).
Written inquiries should be made to:
- Sarane H. Ross
Executive Director The Barker Welfare Foundation
P.O. Box 2, Glen Head NY 11545
Correspondence can also be emailed to Susan M. DeMaio, Associate Director, SusanDemaio@barkerwelfare.org
If you believe that your organization’s mission and programs are consistent with the Foundations interests then please complete the Funding Inquiry, click on “Continue” below. Funding Inquiries are accepted all year long and are not to be confused with complete proposals initiated by the Grants Advisory Committee of the Foundation.
Other requirements in order to complete a Funding Inquiry:
- The organization must have completed at least two years of current audited financial statements or a Review by a CPA
- The organization must have completed at least two years of current 990’s filed with the IRS
- Copy of the first page of your most recent 990 filed with the IRS
- Current budget (including income and expense) for the whole organization (if requesting capital/program support, include a separate budget).
- Copy of the organization’s 501(c )3
Once the Funding Inquiry has been reviewed and it is determined that the organization falls within the Foundations guidelines and is of interest to the Grants Advisory Committee, you will be asked to complete a full application. Applications are initiated by the Foundation.
The Foundation Board meets twice per year. For our Spring meeting, completed proposals must be received before February 1 and for our Fall meeting, before August 1.
Because the Foundation receives many more requests than it can fund, applicants may be notified at anytime during the process that funds are no available. Should we decline to support a proposal, we ask applicants to wait at least one year before applying.
Organizations who are approved for a grant will receive the funds approximately six weeks after the Directors meet.
Please fill out all required fields.
Your information will be saved if you navigate away from this page.1
You'll need to upload 3 mandatory attachments before successfully submitting this form.
- i. A copy of the first page of your most recent 990 filed with the IRS.
- ii. Current budget (including income and expense) for the whole organization.
- iii. 501c3